Step-by-step guide with pictures:
1.Visit “https://filezilla-project.org/” for a free FTP server client. Click “Download FTP Server Client”
2.Download and install FTP server client.
3.Start the FileZilla FTP Client.
- Enter your domain name for Host field (eg. mynewwebsite.com).
- Enter username (Copy and paste username from Hosting Account Welcome Guide) for Username field.
- Enter username(Copy and paste username from Hosting Account Welcome Guide) Password field.
- Enter port 22 for for SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) connection or port 21 FTP(File Transfer Protocol). We recommend you use port 22 for SFTP.
- Click Quickconnect to establish connection.
7. Open folder containing your website files on your PC(or local site ) and select all the website files. Drag and drop the website files into the public_html folder to upload files to your hosting account or remote site as shown in the image below ( or browse for your website files on your left, right-click and select “Upload ” to upload files to your server ).
Please note: Please make sure you open the public_html folder (not public_ftp) before uploading your website files, else your website upload would not work.
You may test out your uploaded files by visiting the domain name in use when transfer is complete.